Monday, November 12, 2007

Only days to go ---------

November is here and so is snow - just a bit of snow, but snow nonetheless. The house is still just being heated by a little construction heater that's plugged into my welder outlet in the garage with a long heavy cord. Makes me wonder why I paid so much for in-floor heat, as this little heater makes it quite comfortable inside.

So this past week, Eric the plumber was in doing some work installing toilets and faucets, but no running water yet. Mike the Electrician was in finishing some stuff up (inspection this week coming). No sign of Dave though, so the final trim, door handles, stairs treads and handrail, etc are still waiting - I hear me may do some of that work this week.

Here are a few shots taken this past weekend - outside temp about -2C.


The ensuite bathroom, with vessel sink, waterfall faucet, and tile work done! And the toilet is in! There's a story behind this toilet. It's Spanish, and I bought it several years ago when I was living in Richmond Hill. I have moved it (in its original carton) from Richmond Hill, then to Aurora, and then to Halifax, and now to Wallace, where it has finally been installed! I hope it's worth the effort.





The master bedroom, with ceiling fan now installed. Looks great, and works well with the fancy dimmer and wireless controller.










The living room is slowly getting usable. I took up the easy chair from my home in Fall River.






This sink is in the kitchen, and the faucet was
installed this past week.













This is the door to the basement. I wanted a French door there for the look, but I didn't want to be able to see down the stair. So I bought this
wisteria-patterned window film and put it in this weekend. It does the job, especially when the lights are on in the basement!












This is looking into the kitchen f
rom the dining area, showing the bar and the 2 new bar stools located at the bar.












Picture taken from the driveway. The garage is just out of the shot on the right, and the roadway down to the river is just out of the shot on the left.









This is looking from the path down to the river, looking westward though the poplar trees at the deck on the east side of the house.










From "below" the house, looking northward. The stairway from the deck is done, and the lights have been installed on both sides of the door into the basement.












This is the view you get as you drive in the driveway from the dirt road, and turn right toward the house and garage. Just off to the left is where you would drive down to the river where I keep the boat in the summertime.




This video is just a pan from inside the living room, ending out on the screen porch. If you're on a slow internet connection, sorry about that, it's a biggish file.

No comments: