Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Painting Begins

October 10th (the week of Thanksgiving) saw the beginning of painting, and Dave says he intends to have it all done (the painting that is) by the end of this week. The oil tank goes in this weekend, and today (I took this as a vacation week) I rented a 5-ton truck to pick up and deliver the kitchen cabinets, vanities for 2 bathrooms, glue for the engineered hardwood floors on the main level, some supplies for the tile guy, and a closet organizer that I had made up for the walk-in closet in the master bedroom.



This is the master bathroom with the painting done, in the bathroom part, and the glass block installed in the wall between the shower and the bathroom itself. The colour is a very pale blue.










The steps the the front porch and to the deck by the
kitchen were added within the past few days. They look good!









Here's a shot of the living room. The blue paint colour is admittedly a bit brighter than I had originally intended. But I'll stick it out for now and wait till the white trim goes on (Dave is in the middle of doing that now too). Although it's brighter than I meant it to be, I think I'll leave it this colour at least for now.







Gerald was working upstairs, while Steve, Jeremy and Dave were working on the main floor.










Here's Steve, painting the "taupe" in the front hallway. Do you have any idea how many colours lay claim to the name "taupe"? I think there are 47 shades of taupe. This one is the right one!









This is out on the screen porch. Because this part of the ceiling is not weather-tight (the floor of the open upstairs deck is immediately overhead), Dave had to install the perforated aluminum soffit material here. The rest of the ceiling will be pine.





That is it for today, folks! More to some soon! The worksite was a veritable hive of activity when I was there today, and the crew were a big help getting the kitchen cabinets unloaded off the truck. Thanks, guys! I have no idea ho that many cabinets are going to fit in the kitchen, but the plans says they fit!


No comments: