Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hardwood and Tile


Tuesday October 16 saw me make an unplanned trip up to the house - it seems I ordered insufficient tile for the main hallway and powder room areas- I guess maybe they were bigger than I understood from the plans. Anyway, I got lucky and the store I bought the tile from still had a supply of the same tile and all I needed was one more box. So, off I went and thoroughly enjoyed the drive up in the blue sky and beautiful fall colours.

















When I got up there, everyone was in full hardwood installation mode.



















Dave Reedy, the tile installer, was also on site and has the ensuite shower almost ready for tile. The blue stuff (below) is applied as a liquid and hardens into a pliable rubbery substrate that is supposed be totally leak-proof.






Above, Dave R. is seen on the porch cutting a piece of tile on his wet saw.























Dave Gullens has most if not all the window trim done. This is the guest bedroom upstairs.

















.......and this is the upstairs office/den.












And this shot is a nicely sunlit in-later-afternoon shot from below the house.



No comments: