Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day One of Many


So day 1 of construction was SUPPOSED to be Monday June 18. However, it rained all day, natch. The excavator did show up and get parked at the lot, however, and the operator and foundation contractor did make an appearance the morning of Tuesday the 19th. Progress was rapid, and poof! there was a big hole in the ground for the basement.




The next day was Wednesday, and I was not able to be there to see the work in progress. However, I did hear from my builder that the foundation contractor, Terry Heighton, was working away and he looked up to see my new neighbour staring him in the eye!! This is a picture I shot of the new neighbour a couple of evenings earlier, across the road from my place. But it seems he may have moved onto my lot!! More on this dilemma later, after I get more information.

No comments: